- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 9x13 inch dish
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) cold Coke
- 1 can crushed pineapple (regular size)
- 2 3 oz (84 grm). packages cherry Jello
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- extra water
- Mix cherry pie filling, 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar, and 1/2 cup (125 ml) water, and put in a sauce pan; bring to a boil, then turn down to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Sit aside.
- Drain crushed pineapple saving the juice.
- Take the pineapple juice and add enough water to make 2 cups (475 ml).
- Bring pineapple juice and water to a boil.
- Take the 2 packages of Jello and open them and put in a large container and then pour the hot juice mixture over the Jello; stir to dissolve.
- To this mixture add 1 cup (225 ml) of cold Coke and stir.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Pour into a 9 X 13 inch pan, cover and put in the refrigerator until chilled.
- When fully set, cut into squares to serve.
- Great with turkey and dressing, or use as a side dish for just about anything. (Keep left overs in the refrigerator.)
This is another recipe that my sister Gail Lewis makes. She makes this EVERY Thanksgiving at her house. Her grandsons request this every year. And it is really GOOD. So enjoy. Sis