Warm Blue Cheese Dip with Garlic and Bacon
- Even people who aren't fond of blue cheese love this
- 7 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) half and half
- 4 oz (112 grm). blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chives
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped smoked almonds
- Cook bacon until almost crisp.
- Drain excess fat, add garlic and cook until bacon is crisp.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat cream cheese with half and half until smooth.
- Stir in blue cheese, bacon mixture and chives.
- Transfer to 2 cups (475 ml) baking dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- We serve this with Fritos.