Professional Pizza Dough (Sweet)
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) warm water
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 1 oz (28 grm). package dry yeast
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- Mix 1 cup (225 ml) flour and remaining ingredients in food
- processor; beat 1 minute.
- Add flour gradually and process until dough leaves the side of the container.
- Place in greased bowl, turn to grease top, and cover with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in refrigerator overnight.
- Divide dough in thirds.
- Press with heel of hand onto greased pizza pan until crust fills pan. (Unless, of course, you are talented enough to toss it into the air.)
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 5 minutes.
- When ready to make pizza, remove from freezer and quickly cover with pizza sauce and toppings.
- Bake on oven rack without pan.
- Read instructions on yeast package. Water must be warm enough to activate yeast but not hot enough to kill it.