- Wonderful blend of yellow squash, onions and cheese.
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked yellow squash, drained
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 small onion, diced fine
- 20 ritz crackers
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine or butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except 5 Ritz and the butter.
- Crush the 15 Ritz crackers and add to the mixture.
- Spray a 8X8 inch baking dish with Pam, and pour the mixture in.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and crush remaining Ritz, and drizzle the butter or margarine over them.
- Put casserole back in the oven for 5 minutes to brown the crackers.
- Let set for 10 minutes and serve.
- Mom served this at all our holiday dinners. Even people who were not crazy about squash loved it.