Blanco Queso ( Mexican white cheese dip)
Serves/Makes:4 cups approx.|
- 1 lb (.5 kg). or 4 cups (950 ml) asadero shredded cheese or Mexican shredded cheese mixture
- 8 oz (224 grm). chopped green chiles
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- Combine all of ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, stirring occasionally, or until cheese is melted.
- Thin with more milk or cream if necessary.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- For additional flavor, add finely chopped onion, ground cumin, chopped roasted red pepper, etc..
- Serve hot from crock with tortilla chips.