- Meat filling stuffed into Bell Peppers
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 6 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw long grain rice
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 large onion. medium dice
- pepper tops you cut off, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). hot pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- Cut top off peppers and clean out seeds and membranes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients except one can of soup.
- Stuff meat mixture into peppers.
- Choose a pot that you can make the peppers stand up in.
- Arrange peppers in pot.
- Mix remaining can of soup with one can of warm water.
- Pour soup mixture over peppers.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and bring to a gentle boil. Boil gently about 15 minutes and reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue cooking for 1 hour. Peppers should be done but let sit in liquid another half hour with lid on and heat off.
- With large spoon lift peppers out of pot and arrange on dinner plates.
- If you don't eat them all, they freeze well.
- I serve these with a vegetable and some warm Italian bread with butter to slather on it. Yum yum.
With these peppers you have your meat and starch all together.