- Chicken Breasts cooked in a sweet & spicy sauce and served over rice.
- Linda Tate
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz (448 grm). picante sauce (or 24 oz (672 grm). thick & chunky salsa)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar
- 4 cups (950 ml) cooked rice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix the brown sugar and the picante sauce in a bowl.
- Lay 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a greased baking dish.
- Pour the picante sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- While chicken is cooking, cook your rice according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken breasts and sauce over the rice.
Add a side salad for a complete meal.
This dish is quick, delicious, and requires very little in prep. I always use it when I'm in a hurry.