More than Chocolate Chip Cookies
- From the Alegria Inn in Mendocino, CA
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) uncooked oatmeal
- 2 cups (475 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cacao nibs (by ScharffenBerger)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and blend thoroughly.
- Fold in oatmeal, chocolate chips, cranberries, apricots and cacao nibs.
- Drop dough by tspfuls onto a non-stick or greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks (or on a opened up brown paper grocery bag to absorb excess butter).