- Orange Creamsickle low-fat cake
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 egg white
- 1 can diet orange soda
- 1 orange, zest and 2 tbsp (30 ml) juice squeezed
- 16 oz (448 grm). whipped topping
- vegetable spray
- Preheat oven according to instructions on cake mix box.
- Combine cake mix, egg white, diet soda, and orange zest in mixing bowl.
- Pour into sprayed (I use PAM) 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake according to cake mix direction.
- For topping:
- Mix whipped topping and orange juice (be sure to fold gently to keep whipped topping as fluffy as possible).
- Once cake has cooled, spread topping and serve.
- I made this cake for a family function while I was trying to watch my caloric intake. Everyone loved it. Since then I have modified the recipe and made it with lemon, lime, and even peaches. It is wonderful and couldn't be easier.