County Fair Chicken Dinner
- 1 pkg savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). to 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 lb (.5 kg). red or all-purpose potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). olive or vegetable oil
- Optional garnish:
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In large plastic bag or bowl add all ingredients.
- Seal bag and shake or toss in bowl until chicken and vegetables are evenly coated.
- Empty chicken and vegetables into 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan; discard bag.
- Bake, stirring twice, 1 hour or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
- Garnish, if desired with chopped fresh parsley.