- Tammy Foley
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) plus 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen, chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated swiss cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 10 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 8 oz (224 grm). fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed and sliced
- Combine the butter, cream cheese and 1 cup (225 ml) flour in a small bowl.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut the butter and cheese into the flour until crumbly.
- Place the flour mixture in a pie plate or quiche pan and press evenly to form a crust.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Drain spinach well.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach with 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour and the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the egg-vegetable mixture into the chilled pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Serve hot!
- This freezes and reheats beautifully. Here's a shortcut, instead of cooking bacon, use bacon bits!