- Excellent for shrimp, fish, pork, etc.
Serves/Makes:4 as tapas
- 1 lb (.5 kg). seafood or lean meat cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) mild curry powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) coriander seeds
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Crush the garlic with the salt in a mortar (or with the flat side of a knife on a board, then work in other ingredients.
- Marinate meat or seafood in a shallow dish turning so they are well coated.
- Cover and chill for at least a couple of hours.
- Thread bits of meat or seafood on small wooden skewers which have been soaked in water.
- Grill until done.
- Filets, steaks or chops may be grilled whole.
- Great tapas recipe.