Serves/Makes:1 8x8 inch pan
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated milk
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- In a medium saucepan, cook sugars, evaporated milk, syrup, and salt to the soft-ball stage (240 degrees (125 C.) on a candy thermometer).
- Just before removing from heat, add marshmallows, peanut butter, and butter; stirring until well blended.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla, and beat until glossy.
- Then pour into a buttered 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Store pieces in an airtight container.
- Note: The pieces are also good dipped in melted dipping chocolate and sprinkled with finely ground nuts.