Hershey's Butter Almond Crunch
- made with chocolate chips
- MeMaw from Betsy
Serves/Makes:2 lbs. candy
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chocolate chips, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- Preheat oven 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spread the almonds in shallow pan and toast for 7 minutes. Set aside. Turn off oven
- Spread 1 cup (225 ml) of chips in a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan.
- Blend in sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly to hard crack stage (300 degrees).
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) almonds.
- Immediately spread mixture over chips in pan. Do Not Disturb Chips.
- Sprinkle remaining almonds and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) chips over mixture.
- Score into 1 1/2" squares.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and break into pieces.
- Store in tightly covered container.