Hershey's Butter Almond Crunch
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds, divided use
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided use
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). light corn syrup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spread 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) chopped almonds in shallow pan and toast at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 7 minutes or until golden. Set aside. (Turn off oven.)
- Spread one cup of the chips in a buttered 13x9 inch pan. Set aside.
- Melt butter in heavy 3 quarts (2850 ml) saucepan.
- Blend in sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly to hard crack stage, 300 degrees (150 C.) on a candy thermometer or until syrup when dropped into cold water separates into hard and brittle threads.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of toasted almonds.
- Immediately spread mixture over chips in pan (do not disturb chips).
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) of toasted almonds and remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chocolate chips over mixture.
- Score into 1 1/2 inch squares.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and break into pieces. Store in tightly covered container.