- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shortening
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- oil (for frying)
- In medium saucepan, mix pineapple and water. Heat to near boiling. Reduce heat.
- Combine sugar, 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). flour and cinnamon. Add slowly to pineapple mixture. Remove from heat when thickened.
- Measure 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) flour, salt, and baking powder into bowl.
- Cut in shortening.
- Blend milk and egg together. Add this to flour mixture. Roll out small portions of crust on floured surface.
- Place a spoonful of fruit in the middle; fold in half and seal edges.
- Fry in hot oil over medium heat.