- Vicky Bryant
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Any vegetables you want such as:
- Brussels sprouts
- cherry tomatoes cut in half
- FOR THE BALSAMIC:
- Place in saucepan.
- Heat on medium for about 15 minutes.
- FOR THE VEGETABLES:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle on kosher salt.
- Drizzle the reduced balsamic over vegetables.
- Roast vegetables in a single layer, preferably on a jellyroll pan.
- Roast until caramelized.
- Times will vary so keep like vegetables together.
- Don't let it get too thick as it will thicken as it cools. This has a lovely intense sweet/vinegar flavor.
You can toss all the above vegetables in some penne pasta that has been tossed with a bit more olive oil and salt. If you like spice toss with some dried chili flakes.