Super-Moist Pumpkin Spice Cake
- C. J.
- 1 box (18 oz (504 grm).) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz (420 grm).) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). pumpkin-pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch round cake pans; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on low speed, beat all ingredients 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium, beat 2 minutes, scraping sides occaisionally.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- On wire rack, cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or fill and frost with vanilla frosting.
- This came from a magazine - I think it was Louisiana Cooking but I'm not sure. It's delicious!