Herbed Yorkshire Puddings
- Savory muffin-sized Yorkshire puddings.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) whole milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) reserved pan drippings from roast prive rib or 6 tbsp (90 ml) olive oil
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in milk.
- Sift flour and salt into egg mixture; whisk until blended and smooth.
- Whisk in all herbs.
- Let batter stand at room temperature at keast 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 3 hours. Rewhisk before using.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Place 16 standard (1/3 cup) metal muffin cups in oven to preheat 10 minutes.
- Place 1 tsp (5 ml) chrippings from rib roast in each muffin cup.
- Return pan to oven until drippings are very hot, about 8 minutes.
- Immediately spoon 2 generous tbspfuls batter atop hot drippings in each muffin cup.
- Bake until puddings are golden and puffy, about 12 minutes (puddings will sink in center but edges will stay puffy.
- Serve hot.
- From Bon Appetit magazine December 2001.