- The orignal 97 year old recipe
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour (not self rising)
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Spray or really grease pop-over tins.
- Add flour, milk and salt to beaten eggs. Stir til smooth. Do not over mix.
- Fill tins 1/2 full.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 20 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.) and bake an additional 20 minutes. Will be a nice dark brown.
- Remove from tins immediatley and serve.
- prep time 3 - 5 min. Cook time 40 min.
You really need the POP OVER tins, but you can use regular muffin tins. For this, bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. Won't be as high or as dark in color but just as delicious.