- Mrs. Wiggs
Serves/Makes:4 large servings
- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust (2 crusts)
- 2 cups (475 ml) mixed vegetables, either canned or frozen
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) dried onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced chicken or use 1 large can chicken
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm). can cream of chicken soup
- Pam or other vegetable spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Spray 9" pie pan with Pam, place one pie crust in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl put vegetables, chicken broth, parsley, onion, pepper, salt.
- Microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and soup, stirring well.
- Microwave 3 to 4 minutes.
- Unroll other pie crust.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Top with other crust and crimp edges together.
- Cut 2 to 3 slits in top crust.
- Put a piece of aluminum foil on a 12" pizza pan.
- Place pie on pizza pan.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- This is quick, easy, and good. Serve with tossed salad or fruit salad for a complete meal.
Can be baked in an 8" or 9" square dish by accommodating the pastry to the dish.