- Mrs. Wiggs
- 1 litre bottle vodka
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). bottle pure vanilla extract
- 2 vanilla beans
- Heat 2 cups (475 ml) of the vodka.
- Split the two vanilla beans in half.
- Put beans in hot vodka.
- Let sit until cool.
- Pour cool vodka, vanilla extract, beans back into vodka bottle.
- Shake to mix.
- Let sit in cool, dry place for 2 months.
- Shake it up about once a month.
- This sounds expensive to make but it makes a lot, it will last a long time, it's better than store bought. The longer it ages, the better it gets. I keep a small 4 oz. bottle in my kitchen and just refill as needed.