- Traditional Cuban sauce to spread on ham sandwich
- Evan Dollard with Cook's Ham
Serves/Makes:1 1/2 c. approx.
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse garlic and salt together until they form a paste.
- Add onions and pulse several more times.
- Add orange juice and lime juice and continue to pulse.
- With the processor running, drizzle olive oil through the feeder tube until the mixture is thick and somewhat cloudy.
- Remove from food processor and place in a serving bowl.
- Cook's Ham suggests this recipe to spice-up your next house party - including the big game in Miami. At-home chefs can create a Cuban Sandwich Bar with spiral sliced ham.