Easiest Ever Tamale Pie Casserole
- Mexican Casserole for Any Time
- Kathy G.
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). ground beef
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml). pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). garlic powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can corn, drained
- 1 2-1/4 oz (63 grm). can sliced black olives, drained
- 6 oz (168 grm) grated cheddar cheese
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 10 corn tortillas
- Fry ground beef in skillet with salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion; drain.
- Add tomato sauce, corn, and chili powder; stir to mix.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare 9 X 13 baking pan.
- Line sides of pan and bottom with corn tortillas. (Let the corn tortillas come up over the sides.)
- Pour beef mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Top with cheese and then the olives on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 minutes.
- Great served with a green salad. Super easy and delicious.