Strawberry Cream Cheese Shortcake
- Light and fluffy. Easy and fast.
- Kelly Moffet, Larned, Ks
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream, whipped or 2 cups (475 ml) of cool whip
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 prepared angel food cake, cut into squares
- Clean and hull strawberries.
- Place in bowl with 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Add angel food cake and mix well.
- Layer strawberries and cake mixture in a trifle bowl.
- End with the berries.
- Not only beautiful, but very delicious. Enjoy