- A great surprise salad
- 2 15 oz (420 grm). cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). jars pimientos, drained
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). bacon bits (Now this is I did substitute and used real fried bacon, crumbled)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients.
- In seperate bowl, mix the dressing.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to mix well.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours.
- Don't let the ingredients scare you and no substitutes. This is really good.
prep time 15 min., Ready in 3 hours and 15 min.
Calories, 295, Chol., 10mg, Carb., 34.3g.