- A variation of Seana's Whole Foods Clone
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 5 cups (1175 ml) diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) diced celery (for extra crunch)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Major Gray chutney
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) muchi or other curry powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped scallions
- 2 cups (475 ml) green seedless grapes halved (instead of currants)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) slivered almonds
- crisp salad greens
- Poach chicken breasts in 1" water for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and cube chicken.
- Combine mayonnaise, chutney and curry powder to made dressing.
- Mix together all other ingredients.
- Stir in enough salad dressing to your taste.
- Serve on a bed of crisp salad greens.
- Crisp and cool for summer.
Substitute a chunk of cooked turkey breast from the grocery store to keep the AC bill down.
When out of grapes I substituted 3/8 c. red currants.