- Fluffy baking powder biscuits
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). salt
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). cream of tartar
- 4 tsp (20 ml). baking powder
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter, cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- extra flour for topping
- Mix flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking powder together in large bowl.
- Cut in butter, until resembles small crumbs.
- Whisk together egg and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir with fork, just till it is moistened.
- Dump out onto lightly-greased cookie sheet.
- Pat out into a round shape, about 1/2 to 3/4" thick.
- Cut out with round biscuit cutter, not separating pieces.
- Dust top with extra flour.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 18 to 20 minutes.