- Traditional pita bread
- MeMaw from Lynne
- 1 (1/4 oz (7 grm).) package active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) warm water--110 degrees to 115 degrees
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead til smooth and elastic, about 6 - 8 minutes. DO NOT RISE.
- Divide into 6 pieces, knead each for 1 minute.
- Roll into a 5 inch circle.
- Cover and let rise until double, bout 45 minutes.
- Place upside down on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 500 degreesfor 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks and cool.
- Prep time 20 min. Cook time 5 min.