- Great with crab or shrimp!
- Ruth T.
- 1-1/2 c, sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) onion powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (Tabasco)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crabmeat or shrimp
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Saute mushrooms in butter over high heat until tender. Place on a paper towel.
- Blend eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, salt, and hot pepper sauce until well blended.
- Combine egg mixture, mushrooms, crab or shrimp, and cheddar and Jack cheeses inlarge bowl. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 10" quiche dish or large pie pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is set and surface is golden.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.