- I love these, and so do my children!
- PAM Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) nonfat milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) cornflake crumbs
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Cover 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Dip rings into milk, then into the flour, turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring.
- Dip coated onion rings in egg whites, then into cornflake crumbs, again turning to evenly coat both sides of each onion ring.
- Place in single layer on prepared baking sheets; spray evenly with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until onions are tender and golden brown.
Omit corn flake crumbs; use a mixture of 2/3 cup plain, dried breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons sesame seeds for coating mixture.
This is a good use for leftover egg whites.