- Healthy, nonfat, high fiber and low sugar.
- Anita E.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) unbleached white flour*
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) flaxseed meal*
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) oat bran
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) to 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) finely shredded carrots
- 2 peeled and shredded apples
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- Mix together flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in carrots, apples, nuts, and raisins (if desired).
- Combine milk, beaten eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Stir until ingredients are moistened.
- DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ingredients marked with an (*) are marketed by Bob's Red Mill and can be found at local grocery stores, health food stores or at www.bobsredmill.com
I prefer to use 1/2 c. brown sugar instead of the full cup listed in the original recipe.