- 2 lbs (.9 kg). of snow crab or king crab legs
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) salt sea salt is best)
- 4 oz (112 grm). butter, melted
- Large pot with lid
- Steamer basket
- Place steamer basket into large pot. Add salt and fill with water just below the steamer basket.
- Heat on stove until water produces a good steam.
- Place Frozen or thawed Crab Legs into the steamer, cover and wait until water starts to steam again. Let Crab Legs steam for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter and place into a small dish for dipping.
- Crack legs open and pull meat out, dip in melted butter.
- I use a fork to get the meat out of the legs.
You can open the legs by running the fork into and down the crab leg to "zip" it open and pull the meat out.