Cynthiana's Pumpkin Bread
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked or canned pumpkin
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/3 cups (775 ml) self rising flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml). ground cloves
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray the 2 loaf pans or muffin pans with a vegetable spray (or you can use the paper cup cake liners for the muffin pans).
- Mix together, with a whisk the first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour and spices together with a fork,and the nuts if you are adding nuts.
- Then add the flour mixture slowly to the liquid ingredients and whisk them all together.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pans or fill each muffin pan cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake the loaves for about 50 to 60 minutes and the muffins for about 30 minutes.
- Take out the pans and cool for about 10 minutes on a cooling rack then turn them out on the cooling rack to finish cooling.
- On the loaves, some people leave them in the pans and serve the bread out of the loaf pans.
- Note: They are better the second day, they get more moist as they set.
- Note: If you want to use All Purpose Flour, to the 3-1/3 cups (775 ml) of All Purpose Flour, add 4-3/4 tsp (25 ml) of Baking Powder, 1 tsp (5 ml) of salt. .
- Note: I also have used Milk in the place of the Water, so to each their own.
- One recipe will also make 36 muffins.
This Recipe came from an Associate of Mine at the Remax Real Estate Office, her name is Cynthia Akins, but I call her Cynthiana. She loves to cook also, so she is a kindred spirit to me. When she brought this into the office, we all loved it, so we all wanted to recipe. I have made it twice already and given it away for gifts. I hope ya'll enjoy it as much as we have.