First Family's Whipped Sweet Potatoes
- The White House via People Magazine
- 3 medium sweet potatoes/yams
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) dark chili powder
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Wrap potatoes in foil, place on a tray, and cook until soft all the way through, about an hour.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool so you can handle the potatoes.
- Cut in half, and scoop out insides into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients.
- Using a whisk, blend potatoes until smooth and ingredients evenly distributed, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Salt to taste, and serve.
- This recipe is credited to the assistant chef at the White House named Sam.
It's nice that it doesn't have all the traditional sugars or marshmallow.