Swiss Chard and Sausage Frittata
- Sandi L.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Italian sausage, turkey or pork, casings removed
- 1 cup (225 ml) each sliced red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and chopped onion
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt or to taste
- Preheat broiler with the rack set 4 inches from heat.
- Heat oil in large ovenproof frying pan over high heat.
- Cook sausage, stirring often, until browned, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in Swiss chard, reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a large bowl until starting to foam.
- Stir cheese and salt into eggs.
- Pour mixture into pan with vegetables and cook on stove until the bottom sets, about 3 minutes.
- Broil until firm and browned, about 3 minutes.
- This recipe was adapted from one in Sunset Magazine, December 2009.