- Greek fluffy dough pastries with almonds and powdered sugar
Serves/Makes:32 pieces depending on size
- 1 cup (225 ml) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powder sugar
- 5-1/2 cups (1300 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) almonds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ouzo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Clarify the butter and to it add powdered sugar, flour, vanilla, almonds and ouzo.
- Mix lightly by hand.
- Once the mixture whitens, make small balls.
- Place them in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the balls from the oven and roll them in powder sugar.
- When they cool down, they are ready to serve.
- Pastries are not very sweet. You may use fewer or more almonds. You may make them in smaller balls.