Linguini and White Clam Sauce
- Allen and Susanm
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small or medium onion, chopped
- 4 6.5 oz (182 grm). cans chopped (or minced, or both) clams, drained, reserve broth
- 2 tsp (10 ml). corn starch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped parsley (sometimes more if I'm feeling green)
- dry white wine (optional)
- Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until soft.
- Drain clams; reserve liquid.
- Add clams to pot and cook a few minutes.
- In a covered container or jar add cornstarch to some of the (room temperature) broth and shake well to blend.
- Add remaining broth to pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add cornstarch/broth mixture stirring constantly to thicken and avoid lumps of cornstarch.
- Stir in parsley.
- Toss with pasta.
- If you're short on clams, substitute white wine for some of the broth. One recipe should be enough for about four servings, with a pound of pasta.