- Low Cal meal for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
- Marlene Holladay--my own creation
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 bag shredded Jack cheese
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 whole large eggs
- spices or seasoning, as desired
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) salsa (optional)
- Spray a loaf pan with vegetable spray. (I use the olive oil spray)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl whip the 2 whole eggs in with the 6 egg whites.
- Add the whole bag of shredded cheese.
- Then add the spices, and salsa is you choose to use it.
- Add the whole bag of spinach.
- Use your hands and mix all ingredients together.
- Put in the loaf pan, pressing it all down.
- Make sure the spinach is covered with the eggs and cheese.
- Cover with foil, spray the foil too, as it will stick if it touches the casserole top.
- Seal the foil really well.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Take out and let rest for awhile.
- Slice into desired size 8 to 10 suggested.
- I figured all the calories, and got 137 calories in each slice. I have eaten it cold as a snack, or warm with cheese and salsa on top. It is very good that way.
I got this idea one day when I was looking for something light and easy. I cooked it and gave my husband a taste without telling him what was in it. He hates spinach. After tasting it I told him what it was and he said "Spinach! I hate spinach! This was really good--what a surprise!"