- Dan F.
- 8 cups (1900 ml) finely diced cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely diced carrot
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onions
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) buttermilk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cider vinegar--I have used as little as 3 tbsp (45 ml) or as much as 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) --to taste
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) lemon juice
- Dice the cabbage and grate carrots.
- Pour the cabbage and the carrot mixture into a large bowl and stir in the diced onions.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour over the cabbage and carrot mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Drain before serving.
- This is a modification of the KFC recipe found elsewhere on line. Great on pulled pork sandwiches.