- Moist and delicious
- Daisy H
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 3 cups (700 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) veg. oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pumpkin
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- In a large mixing bowl,sift together, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add sugar, oil, eggs, and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins, and pecans.
- Pour into two greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
- These freeze very well.
- This is a very moist, delicious bread. Don't over cook but be sure it is done.