- Savory Feta and Bleu Cheese
Serves/Makes: 1 1/2 cups approx.
- 8 oz (224 grm). traditional Greek feta cheese
- 2 oz (56 grm). bleu cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) good quality olive oil
- chopped pistachios
- fresh mint infused oil (optional)
- a splash of Mavrodaphne (Greek dessert wine)
- warm crostini or chunks of french bread or pita
- Put first 4 ingredients into a food processor.
- Slowly add olive oil until you've reached desired consistency - you want it to be creamy and smooth.
- Top with chopped pistachio nuts and fresh mint infused oil and the splash of Mavrodaphne.
- Serve with the breadstuff of your choice.
- This is not the traditional Kopanisti. We had some similar to this at Lola, a Tom Douglas restaurant in Seattle, and really enjoyed it. There it was served with warm wedges of pita bread.