- A great Polish dish
- Rick D.
- 1 large onion
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) green cabbage
- a 1/4 lb (.1 kg). stick of butter
- 16 oz (448 grm). noodles
- Chop onion and shred cabbage.
- In a large skillet on med-high heat melt the butter.
- Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, add the shredded cabbage, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until cabbage is soft and starting to brown a little.
- In a large pot cook the noodles until almost done.
- When noodles are cooked, drain and add the cooked cabbage. Mix well and let cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a salad and enjoy!
- This is a terrific Polish dish my wife makes and I look forward to all the time.