- V. Kacerek
- 1 cup (225 ml) water or chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) couscous (i.e. Near East brand)
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices (more or less)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) curry powder
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- Saute onion and tomato in butter.
- Combine water and seasonings in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous and remove from heat.
- Let sit 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauteed tomato and onion mixture.
- A simple, colorful side dish for an Indian meal. I like to serve it with Tandoori Chicken.