- Savory breakfast/brunch casserole
- Terri F
Serves/Makes:10 or more
- 12 slices of bread, torn into small pieces (sourdough whole wheat works well)
- 1-1/4 lbs (.6 kg). shredded, colby, Swiss, Jack or Mexican blend cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) lowfat or non-fat milk
- 6 large eggs
- salt, pepper, onion or garlic salt to taste
- 8 oz (224 grm). diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced ham or bacon pieces or more (optional)
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable spray or cooking oil.
- Mix together bread and cheese and put into baking dish.
- Mix together milk, eggs, seasonings, chiles and diced meat.
- Pour over bread mixture in baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt butter and pour over pudding prior to baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered.
- Cut in approximately 3 x 3 inch squares to serve.
- Recipe divides in half well in 6 x 9 or 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Reheats well.
Adapted from the Olk Town Bed and Breakfast Inn in Eureka, CA.