Secret White Cake Frosting
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 cake, frosting for
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) crisco
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) of hot water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla flavoring
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter flavoring (optional)
- Put all this in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- This will frost 1 sheet cake, or an 8" or 9" round cake, between layers, on sides and top.
- This was given to me year or so ago by my friend, Linda Story, now Linda VanSteenbergen. She used to decorate cakes and this was the frosting/icing that she used to do that. It is really really good. She and I have a lot of history together and won't tell on each other (other than give away recipes). Ha.
Think of me when you use this. Enjoy!!