- Tasty vegetarian spread
- Thann M.
Serves/Makes:1 cup plus a little
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Saute onions and mushrooms in a small amount of olive oil for 5 minutes or until fairly dry.
- Stir in lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and remove from heat.
- Add enough mayonnaise to make a spreadable consistency.
- Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Mound in small bowl or crock.
- Chill well.
- Serve with crackers or slices of baguette.
- A recipe from 30 or so years ago updated and used as a starter for a vegetarian menu at our Munch Bunch dinner group. We pulsed the onions and mushrooms in the food processor this time around instead of chopping with a knife. Definitely a timesaver.