Serves/Makes:3 cups or more
- 3 good sized chicken breasts
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese or neufchatel, softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 3 tsp (15 ml) Ranch Dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Franks's Buffalo Wing Hot Sauce (or similar)
- 1 cup (225 ml) blue cheese crumbles, loosely packed
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) celery, diced
- shredded chedder cheese, as desired
- celery sticks
- corn chips (i.e. Fritos Scoops)
- Place chicken breasts in a skillet with an inch or two of water.
- Poach over medium heat for about 20 minutes checking to make sure pan does not boil dry and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Cut chinken into a 1/2" dice.
- Beat cream cheese, mayo, dressing mix and hot sauce.
- Fold in blue cheese crumbles.
- Fold in diced celery and chicken.
- Distribute among small baking dishes or ramekins.
- Top completely with shredded chedder cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 15 to 20 minutes or until chedder cheese is melted.
- Serve with celery sticks and corn chips to dip or spread on crackers.
- I've looked at various recipes for Buffalo Chicken Dip and came up with this one that everyone seemed to enjoy at superbowl. I love having it with crisp celery sticks.
We keep Ranch Dressing Mix around so when mixed we can make it somewhat lower fat. If you don't have it use an amount of the bottled dressing equal to the mayo and milk.
I suggest using several small baking dishes or ramekins because I think that after the first few people visit the dip it starts to look like roadkill. This way you can set out a fresh dish regularly.