Feta and Vegetable Frittatas
- Crustless vegetable quiches
- S. Miller
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh spinach, baby leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned artichoke hearts, without oil, cut into chunks (or frozen cooked artichoke hearts)
- 1 cup (225 ml) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) scallions or green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Coat 16 holes in muffin pans with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper until blended.
- Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, feta, roasted red peppers, scallions and cream cheese; mix well.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup (60 ml) egg mixture into each prepared muffin hole.
- Bake until just set, about 18 to 22 minutes.
- Cool pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Loosen edges of frittatas with a rubber spatula sliding underneath frittatas to loosen bottoms and lift frittatas out of pans.