Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) scalded milk
- 2-1/2 tbsp (35 ml) sugar
- 2 pkg. active dry yeast
- 3-1/4 cups (775 ml) sifted flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shortening
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
- About 1 1/2 hrs. before dinner:
- Into scalded milk in large bowl stir sugar, salt, and shortening.
- Cool till luke warm.
- Sprinkle or crumble yeast into warm water in measuring cup.
- Stir till dissolved. Stir in milk mixture.
- Add flour and stir til blended about 1 minute.
- Cover with wax paper and a clean towel.
- Let rise in warm place till doubled in bulk.
- Stir well, beat vigorously (1/2 minute).
- Fill greased muffin pan 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 about 25 minutes.
- Remove from pan while hot.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.